Monumento

World Cultural Heritage Sites

vision

2018-07-23

Tags: auto-translate 世界遺産 ユネスコ 鬼門 根本中堂 1571 親鸞 道元 法然 天台宗 日蓮 延暦寺 最澄 栄西 平安京 1642 1994 39 滋賀県 大津市

Guide plate text

World Cultural Heritage Sites
Historic Momuments of Ancient Kyoto
(Kyoto,Uji and Otsu Cities.)

In conformity with the Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage adopted by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Enryakuji Temple is inscribed on the World Heritage List as a Historic Monument of Ancient Kyoto (Kyoto, Uji and Otsu Cities). It is thus internationally recognized as a place of exceptional and universal value: a cultural heritage site worthy of preservation for the benefit of all of mankind.

Built by Saicho, the founder of the Tendai sect of Buddhism, as a temple to guard the Heian-kyo capital against the negative influences thought to enter from the northeast, and originally known as Hieizan Temple. Enryakuji Temple developed into a center of monastic discipline that produced numerous great monks who founded important Japanese Buddhist sects : men such as Honen, Eisai, Shinran, Dogen, and Nichiren.
By the latter half of the 10th century, Enryakuji Temple was a flourishing temple, with its temple buildings configured much as they are today, centered around three principal tracts known as the Toto (East Pagoda), Saito (West Pagoda), and Yokawa tracts. The temple was ravaged by fire on several occasions thereafter, but was rebuilt each time; the worst such damage occurred in 1571, when Enryakuji was put to the torch in the course of a military campaign, and lost most of its temple buildings.
The main hall for the entire temple complex is the Kompon Chudo, reconstructed in 1642. At ground level it measures 11 bays (a bay is the distance between two pillars) across the front and 6 bays front to back. The front part of the building contains the outer worship hall (gejin), measuring 1 bay from front to back, and the plank-floored inner worship hall (chujin), also 1 bay deep, while the sanctuary (naijin), at the rear of the building, measures 4 bays in depth and has a flagstone-paved earthen floor. Thus the building, in accordance with precedent, houses three distinct halls with finely coffered ceilings. This form and scale hark back to the Heian period (794-1185), whereas the wayo or Japanese-style tone implicit in the building's structural framework, and in the details of its workmanship, create an early Edo-period (1603-1867) feel.
The temple's three tracts contain numerous other buildings dating as late as the 17th century, and these imbue the temple grounds with the aura of that period.

Date of Inscription Resolved on December 15 and inscribed on December 17, 1994.  Otsu City

This content was generated by machine translation. Please cooperate with proofreading.

auto-translate 世界遗产“古代京都的文化遗产”(京都市,宇治市,大津市)Enryakuji以教科文组织(联合国教育,科学及文化组织)通过的“保护世界文化遗产和自然遗产公约”为基础它被列入世界遗产名录,被列为“古京都(京都市,宇治市,大津市)的文化遗产”之一。这是国际公认的具有特别良好和普遍价值的文化遗产,值得为整个人类的利益而保护。在Enryakuji中,将Tendai教派传送到日本的Akira Temple开始于为Heiankyo和后来的法律,Eiyan,Shinran,Dogen,Nichiren等恶魔建造的Hiei寺庙,一位成为日本佛教派别创始人的大祭司它发送到世界,它是一个训练的殿堂。在10世纪下半叶,宿舍开发和兴起,主要在东塔,西塔和横川的三个区域,现在。在那之后,虽然每次火灾都重复重建,但大部分大教堂在原龟第二年(1571年)被战争摧毁。有一些东西在1642年在Kan&39;ono重建,总大厅,飞机是前面11和侧面6之间的比例,正面1街道的外侧,它的背面虽然体育场的中间团队是一个董事会,但是向后的4个团队之间的内部团队以三个宫殿作为土壤粘土石来定居,并且小团体天花板被拉伸以正式方式完成。这些形式和尺度被认为可以追溯到平安时期,但框架和细节是基于日本风格,并展现了江户时代早期的魅力。除此之外,这三个区域在17世纪之前都留下了一个地牢,它告诉当时大教堂的状态。登记日期月定于1994年12月15日大津市--- Enryakuji世界遗产联合国教科文组织Tendai Shimonobu Honen Ei Ronishi Shinranodo Dogen Nichiren Heiankyo Onimon Nenomonakudo 1571 1642 1994

世界遺産「古都京都の文化財」
(京都市・宇治市・大津市)

 延暦寺は、ユネスコ(国際連合教育科学文化機関)で採択された、世界の文化遺産及び自然遺産の保護に関する条約に基づき、「古都京都の文化財(京都市・宇治市・大津市)」のひとつとして世界遺産リストに登録されました。このことは、人類全体の利益のために保護する価値のある文化遺産として、とくに優れて普遍的価値をもっていることを国際的に認められたことになります。

 延暦寺は、日本に天台宗を伝えた最澄が、平安京の鬼門鎮護のために建立した比叡山寺に始まり、後に法然、栄西、親鸞、道元、日蓮ら、日本の仏教各派の始祖となった高僧を世に送り出した、修行の寺です。
 10世紀後期には、現在のように東塔、西塔、横川の三地域を中心に堂舎が整備され、興隆していました。その後、火災のたびに再建が繰り返されてきましたが、とくに元亀2年(1571)には、伽藍の大半が兵火により焼失しました。
 総本堂である根本中堂は、寛永19年(1642)に再建されたものが現存しており、平面は正面11間、側面6間の規模で、正面寄り1間通りの外陣、その奥1間通りの中陣は板敷とするのに対して、背面寄り4間の内陣は土間石敷として3基の宮殿を安置し、小組格天井を張って格式的に仕上げられています。こうした形態と規模は、平安時代まで遡ると考えられていますが、架構や細部は和様を基調として、江戸時代前期の趣を示しています。
 このほか、三地域には17世紀までの堂舎が残されており、当時の伽藍の状況を伝えています。
  登録年月日 平成6年(1994) 12月15日決定、17日登録
   大津市
---
延暦寺
世界遺産
ユネスコ
天台宗
最澄
法然
栄西
親鸞
道元
日蓮
平安京
鬼門
根本中堂
1571
1642
1994

Texts

vision
2018-09-05 10:27 (0)
vision
vision
2018-09-05 10:25 (0)
vision
vision
2018-09-05 10:15 (94)
vision
vision
2018-09-05 10:03 (2527)
vision
monumento
2018-09-05 09:45 (0)
monumento

Comments/Photos

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

vision (2018/07/31)
Tags: 比叡山 根本中堂 弁慶 親鸞 道元 法然 日蓮 延暦寺 横川 最澄 東塔 西塔 栄西 一遍 念仏 滋賀県 大津市
tokada (2019/01/21)
Tags: 重文 義真和尚 auto-translate 39 滋賀県 大津市
vision (2018/07/27)
Tags: 比叡山 天台宗 延暦寺 最澄 歴史的風土特別保存地区 788 滋賀県 大津市
vision (2018/09/16)
Tags: 国宝 天然記念物 重要文化財 比叡山 根本中堂 琵琶湖 天台宗 延暦寺 国定公園 総本山 最澄 煙雨比叡の樹林 琵琶湖八景 滋賀県 大津市